At Structural Engineering Services we offer a fixed price site investigation service for providing information on ground and water levels in preparation for basement and ground level extensions.
Site investigations are highly beneficial to the construction and design phase as we consult and offer practical advice based on the buildability of a plot. With basements, site investigations are especially effective with the party wall process. The overall process of sampling and analysis takes approximately 4 weeks.
What we investigate:
- Soil type
- Gas monitoring: determining the levels of oxygen, carbon dioxide etc.
- Water levels
- Drainage characteristics
What we do:
- Produce a contamination report
- 10 metre boreholes- for a strong understanding of the ground conditions
- Trial pit- dig hole to expose the foundations
- Beneficial to the design and construction process
- We give practical advice on the buildability of the plot
- We have a strong understanding of ground removal and spoil removal
- Aids with the party wall process in basement projects
- For basement projects a full site investigation is important for structural design waterproofing, discover any buried services and to avoid any future issues
Alongside a full site investigation we also offer a comprehensive drainage survey at an additional cost. We undertake a CCTV survey testing for leakages, blockages, any cracks in the pipes as well as investigating the conditions of the pipework. As part of the drainage survey we provide a report that includes any recommendations and advice with a drainage layout plan.
From £1200.00; this includes 1 x 10mtr Borehole + 2 trial pits or 2 x 6mtr Boreholes + 2 trial pits